Google+

Saturday 27 June 2015

Florence, Pete and Mark - Glastonbury Friday


Day 1 was everything I expected and nothing like I did. I don't know what I expected to be honest, but it was beautiful.

Our minibuses from the campsite dropped us at Gate 3 which was amazing because it meant we were able to walk straight in to the thick of it. 

We started in the theatre and circus field which provided muchos entertainment as there is basically every kind of act possible wondering around. It is almost assaulting. 


Here are some grannies on their shopping cases. 

We wondered through as we had an hour or so to kill before Bastille's last minute set at William's Field. In this hour I managed to discover a really cool poet - Megan Beech - performing at the Poetry and Spoken word tent. She is very talented with wordplay, and humorous, so check her out if you like that kind of thing. 


We then went towards the Avalon Stage, where in the Avalon Cafe opposite a band called Foreigh Affairs are on. And I am in love. They are folk-rock-Americana types and EVERY song they played was good and I am looking up their gig dates. 


Following this, onwards to Bastille to discover that word of the last minute gig had got out so we sat outside and listened with a cider.


Next we headed into the backstage sponsors and VIP area for the first time where we quickly spotted Cressida Bonas, Daisy Lowe and Greg James (above).

Just before The Vaccines set, it started pissing it down, but we didn't really care.


This was followed in the evening with a emotive, exceptional set from Mark Ronson and then a soberer looking Pete Doherty with the Libertines. An ethereal Florence headlined with grace on the Pyramid and we got all up in the end with Rudimental. 





An incredible day; but by 1.30 I was ready to be back at the caravan park. I am clearly so old and not at all hardcore, but the thought of staying up all night in one of the DJ tents would now (what am I saying - always) be my worst nightmare. 


Today, we are heading to the healing fields... peace xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment