Google+

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Baribà, Battersea


In my quest for seeking joy and fabulous London spots and being a freelancer who works on-the-go, I am always looking out for places that have great food, staff, coffee and free Wi-Fi... Today, I thought I would recommend somewhere that is pretty local to me, Baribà, 571 Battersea Park Road.

Open Tuesday - Sunday from 7am-7.30pm, it is run by warm, friendly and knowledgeable staff, who will happily point out the specialities of the day. They serve delicious sharing platters, for example Italian Deli cheese and Italian Deli Cold Cuts (£9.00 and £12.00 respectively), they will make you pretty much any Panini or Foccacia option that you can think of and their coffee is some of the best I have tasted in London.

They also make great hot dishes including lasagna and vegan options! They make their own olive oil which is so delicious that I had to buy a bottle for home.

They also have a good wine list for that cheeky glass on an afternoon.

Find their full menu here, but please note, it changes daily according to the best ingredients they can find. Based on dishes and cooking methods from the Puglia region of Italy, as they explain, it is "a home-based cuisine based on home cooking, traditionally created by women cooking at home rather than chefs in professional kitchens. It is a cuisine without rules and regulations, based solely on what’s in the family larder, which is then stretched and expanded to feed those who may show up all’improvviso, at the unplanned last minute.".

Go along and try it, if you are in the area. 

Additionally, they have fabulous Wi-Fi and I once stayed there with my laptop for hours with only a large Americano and they were quite happy to let me get on. Plus lots of Italians came in, whilst I was there.. always a good sign.

PS: You must try their Burratina, it is heaven-food.

Baribà Italian Deli
571 Battersea Park Road, SW11 3BJ
02072230328

No comments:

Post a Comment