Google+

Saturday 15 February 2014

#100HappyDays...


How busy are you right now? Do you have five minutes to read this... Are you sure...? Won't you be late for something, I know you're stressed.. Work, social life, gym, relationship, family etc... Are you sure? Are you happy? Would you describe yourself as anxious or pessimistic? How often do you really appreciate what you have?

I first saw the hashtag surrounding this campaign a while ago on instagram and disregarded it as some hippy, new age thing. However after it reappeared on my news feed again and again, I decided to have a look at the website and I'm glad I did as it's a pretty simple concept.
"We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it, is the base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being.

71% of people tried to complete this challenge, but failed quoting lack of time as the main reason.These people simpy did not have time to be happy. Do you?"

All you have to do is find something that makes you happy every day, take a photo of it and upload it to your aocial network of choice using the hashtag #100happydays. You can sign up on the website 100happydays.com



I'm giving it go and I'll be documenting my efforts through weekly posts on this blog. Really is this much of a challenge.. One little picture. A moment of happiness per day. One important concept is 
"#100happyday challenge is for you - not for anyone else. 
It is not a happiness competition or a showing off contest. If you try to please / make others jealous via your pictures - you lose without even starting. Same goes for cheating."
Really this is obvious and it's only yourself you're going to cheat. We are all guilty of social media bragging. Don't tarnish the challenge, because often, it is the small things in life, so be honest and go for it. I'm going to try and be as organic about it as I can and actually feel when I am happiest. Follow me on instagram: @wordyloveslots to see my daily pics.

Goodbye and be happy little Valentines...  

Day 1... #100HappyDays Valentine's with this one..

No comments:

Post a Comment